Worms 4 Tweaking
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Worms 4 Tweaking

Le tweaking ou comment créer ses armes au delà de l'usine d'armes

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Mascarade ...
Voir le deal

.lub to .lua possible?

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Fireworm
Membre
Fireworm

.lub to .lua possible? Empty
MessageSujet: .lub to .lua possible?   .lub to .lua possible? EmptyMar 10 Juin 2014, 00:58

Worms Ultimate Mayhem has their .lua scripts in .lub format (which a working compiler to make scripts for WUM was included with Worms 4 Mayhem, luckily!). Anything on reversing this though? The reason the compiler only is not acceptable, is become some changes were made to the files since W4M, and a few scripts (like stdvs) will break if using the one from W4M.
I did some searching, and there is a program opposite of the compiler (luac.exe) called luadec out there, and it does decompile/convert .lub files to .lua, but unfortunately it doesn't work for Worms, it said it has a bad header. Since the program is open source, any chance someone can make it compatible for Worms? I would myself, but I suck at programming (I've tried before...).

Kaje aime ce message

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Kaje
Membre
Kaje

MessageSujet: Re: .lub to .lua possible?   .lub to .lua possible? EmptyVen 29 Oct 2021, 08:45

I hope someone could take a look at this again. I think Team17 probably modified something in the luac compiler (it is open-source I believe), or the compiled .lub version is not matching the version luadec (the decompiler) tries to decompile, hence the bad header error.

EDIT:
Nevermind. You need a Lua 5.0 decompiler. One can be found here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/unluac/

The decompiled output looks a bit odd though. It luckily all has the debug info and variable names, so there's that, but I couldn't get the code to recompile back to .lub using the same luac compiler. It returns some sort of syntax error.
Idaho
Membre
Idaho

MessageSujet: Re: .lub to .lua possible?   .lub to .lua possible? EmptyMer 23 Fév 2022, 23:09

Fireworm a écrit:
Worms Ultimate Mayhem has their .lua scripts in .lub format (which a working compiler to make scripts for WUM was included with Worms 4 Mayhem, luckily!). Anything on reversing this though? The reason the compiler only is not acceptable, is become some changes were made to the files since W4M, and a few scripts (like stdvs) will break if using the one from W4M.
I did some searching, and there is a program opposite of the compiler (luac.exe) called luadec out there, and it does decompile/convert .lub files to .lua, but unfortunately it doesn't work for Worms, it said it has a bad header. Since the program is open source, any chance someone can make it compatible for Worms? I would myself, but I suck at programming (I've tried before...).

I've read somewhere that the PS3 version of Ultimate Mayhem contains uncompiled versions of the LUA scripts, you could try to find it and work with that Rolling Eyes

Edit: There, I found where I read this, it was on the cutting room floor, this is what it says exactly:

Citation :

In the Windows version of Ultimate Mayhem, the scripts are compiled as .lub files, but the uncompiled .lua version of the .lub files can be found in the PSN version of the game which was released 5 months later, and the program that was used to convert the files to .lub, luac.exe, was left behind in the Worms 4 Mayhem scripts folder.

So not only that but you also have a compiler at hand to compile the scripts easily...

Here's the link to the article: https://tcrf.net/Worms:_Ultimate_Mayhem_(Windows)

The PSN version of the game can be found on various torrent boards...
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: .lub to .lua possible?   .lub to .lua possible? Empty

.lub to .lua possible?
Page 1 sur 1